Nature’s Own Doctor Internet Use Policies
We believe that our website is founded in the principles encouraged by the best practice of medicine. We believe that a well-informed patient is important to the process of getting better. To that point, we want to demonstrate how we create and ensure the accuracy of our content. Throughout this document we will refer to Nature’s Own Doctor, NaturesOwnDoctor.com and NOD, LLC. interchangeably as well as collectively. No inference is intended by using one name the other. Names are interchangeable for purposes of sentence structure or context.
For questions or comments, please email us at: feedback@NaturesOwnDoctor.com.
It is our goal to create the highest standards of content across Nature’s Own Doctor’s sites with the following objectives in mind:
- Articles that appear on our site have been reviewed by a medical doctor and are published because we feel that they are beneficial to a better understanding of the importance of good health. We are constantly researching articles that discuss medical advances & trends that we believe are significant and/or of particular interest to our readers.
- Our content is based upon research and medical evidence. Our goal is to provide you with useful and useable information.
- Nature’s Own Doctor content is never intended to be a substitute for the advice of your physician.
Our website(s) are approved by the American Board of Medical Marijuana Physicians (ABMMP) and we adhere to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines on disclosures, where applicable.
For more information, please see:
- Nature’s Own Doctor Advertising Policy
The editorial staff is responsible for all of the content you find on our sites. We make every reasonable attempt to list sources at the bottom of every article containing a statement of medical fact, when such source is available. Therefore, if you read an article with no source it is generally due to the fact that no source was made available to us, but we found the article interesting enough to share with our readers.
We will report about research done on humans & animals. Please be advised that although animal research results should not unquestionably be applied to humans, such findings can further understanding of some subjects.
Nature’s Own Doctor will report on all treatments, including but not limited to, proven treatments, and experimental or alternative treatments Any treatments where medical doctors have given their opinion on questionable efficacy will be noted within the article.
Our expert writers have medical degrees, law degrees, public health degrees and master’s degrees in science.
If Nature’s Own Doctor contributors have direct relationships with the company, it will be so noted in the article in accordance with FTC guidelines.
Nature’s Own Doctor’s prohibit misleading titles to articles that don’t accurately reflect the content of the article.
We may link to outside web pages that relate to a source used to create our content or if they provide additional information that may be helpful.
Nature’s Own Doctor content will from time to time link to pages that sell drugs or supplements, or that recruit for participants for clinical trials or other research. These will be clearly marked to avoid confusion.
Content is only published to the site after it has been reviewed and edited by our editorial team. All website content undergoes the same process.
Our editorial team edits content before it is published.
Our Medical Review Board, is composed of board-certified physicians, who periodically review articles and provide any necessary critique that will guarantee that our information is accurate.
The editorial team & Medical Review Board work together to evaluate existing content on a regular basis. Articles are assessed to ensure that a) they reflect current research and advice of health/wellness experts; b) they reflect current guidelines of organizations and government agencies, if applicable; c) they answer any new questions a reader may have as a result of changing times.
The editorial team collaborates with other Nature’s Own Doctor colleagues to ensure that every aspect of our sites is in line with our goals.
We carefully recruit and work with writers who are experts in their areas, from board-certified doctors to credentialed allied health professionals to licensed therapists and others.
Licensed & Third-Party Content
Licensed or third-party content is carefully reviewed by the Nature’s Own Doctor editorial team to ensure that it is aligned with our policies and labeled to notify you of its source.
Nature’s Own Doctor accepts advertising on its site(s) and maintains a separation between advertising and editorial content. Please see our Advertising Policy for full details on how advertisements and sponsored content are distinguished on our pages and the guidelines to which they must adhere.
Special attention is paid to featuring advertising in a way that will not interfere with your reading experience. This relates to both page design and the number of ads we choose to feature on a page.
The internet offers endless consumer choice, putting millions of products at your fingertips, and we want to do what we can to streamline the steps you need to take to find what you’re looking for quickly and reliably.
The expert writers and editors of Nature’s Own Doctor’s product review team help our users make the best purchase decisions by obsessively scouring the retail landscape (both online and off) to identify and research the best products for your healthy lifestyle and family. We receive an affiliate commission on some, but not all, of the products that we recommend if you decide to click through to the retailer site and make a purchase.
Trust: Our independent writers and testers pick products that are the best in their category and they do not know the terms of any of our affiliate partnerships, so you can be sure you are getting authentic and trustworthy recommendations. Furthermore, we buy all of the products that we test with our own money and never accept anything for free from manufacturers. We want to make sure we’re providing you with the most unbiased feedback that we can.
Product content: Curated lists of recommendations are written by writers with subject-matter expertise in every product category. Recommended products run the gamut from budget to splurge-worthy, and are not favored because of any loyalty to one specific retailer or brand. We make it a point to recommend products from reliable companies who deliver exemplary customer service, so you can have a seamless shopping experience. The availability of products is checked daily by a team of dedicated editors.
After a list is published, it is regularly revisited and updated, if needed, to ensure that existing recommendations are fresh, accurate, and helpful.
If you have questions, comments, or opinions you’d like to share with our product review team, please email email@example.com.
Updated October 28, 2018
To help us maintain the resources needed to create the quality content you deserve, we accept advertisements on our website. We greatly value transparency and hope that this policy leaves you feeling even more confident about the content and service we provide.
Nature’s Own Doctor maintains a distinct separation between advertising and editorial content.
- All advertising or sponsored content on Nature’s Own Doctor is clearly and unambiguously distinguished from editorial content through borders or other distinguishing elements and/or identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All ads on Nature’s Own Doctorhealth.com are labeled as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- All “native” ads or paid content are identified as an “Ad,” “Advertisement,” “Sponsored” or a similar designation indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of the sponsor.
- Editorial content on the Nature’s Own Doctor sites is not influenced by advertisements unless the content is sponsored content, in which case, the content will be clearly demarcated and identified with the title “Ad,” “Advertisement,” or “Sponsored”, or a similar designation, indicating that the content is being provided by or on behalf of an advertiser or sponsor.
- All advertisements and sponsored content appearing on Nature’s Own Doctor are subject to our Guidelines.
Updated October 28, 2018
Understanding How Information Is Collected on Nature’s Own Doctor
Information You May Choose to Provide to Us
We may collect information, including personal data, directly from you if you choose to provide that information. For example, you may provide us with your name and contact information (such as an email address), date of birth, or other details of that nature, when you ask for a consultation with a physician, or use our Dosage Calculator, sign up for our newsletters or participate in promotions or surveys on the Site.
WE ALSO SHARE ORDER INFORMATION WITH EGreenWallet.com AND/OR SONIC SEVEN COMMUNICATIONS TO PROCESS YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION. YOU WILL SEE CHARGES ON YOUR CARD FROM EGreenWallet.com and/or SONIC SEVEN COMMUNICATIONS AND NOT NaturesOwnDoctor.com AS A WAY TO FURTHER PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY.
Please be aware that information you post in forums that we may host from time to time may be viewed or captured by anyone who visits the Site, therefore you should avoid posting data that you would not want to be available to the public.
Information That Is Automatically Collected When You Visit Nature’s Own Doctor
When you access the Site, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information about your visit using tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information collected automatically when you visit the Site may include your IP address, characteristics of your operating system, information about your browser and system settings, data about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site, unique device identifiers, clickstream data (which shows the page-by-page path you take as you browse the Site). We or our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
To manage our automatic data collection, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the Site or in emails we send to you. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the Site, analyzing how users navigate around the Site, assessing how many emails that we send are actually opened and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, on the Site, to provide us with statistics and other information about visitors to the Site.
“Do Not Track” Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “do not track” signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “do not track” in this context. Like many other websites, NaturesOwnDoctor.com is not configured to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about “do not track” signals.
Finally, companies that provide certain third-party apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins that may appear on the Site (for example, Facebook “Like” buttons), also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information collection is subject to the privacy policies or notices of those providers.
How We May Use Information We Collect
We may use the information gathered on Nature’s Own Doctor for various purposes, including the purposes listed below. For example, if you were to contact us with a question and provide your email address, we would use the email address you provided to respond to your inquiry. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the Site to:
- Provide products and services you request (such as when you sign up to receive our email newsletters);
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
- Share only enough data to process your payments to EGreenWallet.com and/or Sonic Seven Communications
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the Site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the Site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation);
- With your consent or at your discretion; and
- To process your credit card payment through EGreenWallet.com and/or Sonic Seven Communications.
Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from our website, click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of that home page. If you would like to globally opt-out from ALL Nature’s Own Doctor email campaigns please send an email to optout@NaturesOwnDoctor.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. When we send newsletters, offers, or other information to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, offers or other information or we may send dedicated newsletters, offers or other information on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
Disabling local shared objects (“Flash cookies”). We may use other kinds of local storage that function similarly, but are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. Your browser may allow you to disable its HTML5 local storage or delete information contained in its HTML5 local storage. Click here for details about deleting information contained in “local shared objects” or adjusting related preferences.
Options concerning third-party ad networks. For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, you can visit www.aboutads.info and click here to opt out or to learn more about your options. You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Please note, however, that it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website. If you have a data security inquiry, you may contact us by emailing security@NatureOwnDoctor.com.
Links From Nature’s Own Doctor to Other Websites
On this Site we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, or privacy policies of websites that we do not own or control.
Surveys and Quizzes
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete any such information.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Your personal data may be stored, transferred and process in and to the United States and in other countries by our affiliates and/or service providers. The data protection laws in these countries may provide a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country of residence. We take great care in protecting your personal data and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it if transferred outside of the United States. We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately secured by any third party that will access your information.
If you have questions or wish to obtain more information about the international transfer of your personal data or the implemented safeguards, please send us an email to privacy@NaturesOwnDoctor.com
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this policy or about our privacy practices, you may contact us by emailing privacy@NaturesOwnDoctor.com.
If you are a California resident inquiring about your California privacy rights, please include “California privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area inquiring about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please include “GDPR privacy rights request” in the subject line of your email.
JURISDICTION SPECIFIC PROVISIONS
Our Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits, under California law California residents may ask us to provide them with a list of the categories of personal data that we have disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, as well as the identity of those third parties. California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section above to make a request for this information.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA):
- Controller of your Personal Data
- Legal Basis for Using Personal Data
We process your personal data only if we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party;
- where you have given consent to our specific use.
The purpose for which we use and process your information and the legal basis on which we carry out each type of processing is further explained below.
|Purposes for which we will process the information||Legal Basis for the processing|
|To provide products and services you request.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support.||It is necessary for us to respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support in order to take steps at your request or according to the applicable contract between us.|
|To offer you products and services in marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this Site or other websites, that we believe may interest you.||We may send electronic marketing communications to you if you have consented to these communications. It is in our legitimate interest to market out products and services to you by other means and to direct you to portions of this Site or other websites that we believe may interest you. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions||We will send electronic communications to you if you have consented to these communications. With respect to other communications, it is in our legitimate interest to communicate to you and administer your participation in, our events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To carry out, evaluate, and improve our business (which may include developing new features for the Site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications.||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To perform data analytics regarding usage of the Site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal data).||It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data to carry out these activities. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties.||We will serve you advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities if you have consented to this processing.|
|To enable our affiliates or service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf;||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in this manner in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us. It is also in our legitimate interest to enable our service providers and affiliates to perform certain activities on our behalf. We consider this use to be proportionate and will not be prejudicial or detrimental to you.|
|To notify you of any changes to the Website that may affect you.||It is necessary for us to process your personal data in order to deliver the services and process transactions according to the applicable contract between us.|
|· If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena);
· In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities;
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; and
· In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation)
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
|· Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
· Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests, and our company policies.
|We conduct this processing to comply with our legal obligations and to protect the public interest.|
- International Transfers
Some of our processing of your data will involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Some of our external third-party service providers are also based outside of the EEA, and their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. This includes the United States. Where personal data is transferred to and stored in a country not determined by the European Commission as providing adequate levels of protection for personal data, we take steps to provide appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, including when appropriate entering into standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, obliging recipients to protect your personal data.
- Retention of Personal Data
- Data Subject Access Rights
You have the following rights:
- Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to ask us for confirmation on whether we are processing your personal data, and access to the personal data and related information.
- Right to correction: You have the right to have your personal data corrected, as permitted by law.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete your personal data, as permitted by law.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw consent that you have provided.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request the limiting of our processing under limited circumstances.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, as permitted by law, under limited circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us according to the “How to Contact Us” section herein. Please note that the above rights are not absolute and we may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under the applicable law apply.
Nature’s Own Doctor Cookie Disclosure
|Provider||Name of cookie||Purpose||Type||Duration|
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||2 Years|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||24 Hours|
|Google Analytics||_gat_<property-id>||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|Dotdash||TMog||Dotdash client id – Used to identify unique browsers||Persistent||68 Years|
|Dotdash||Mint||Dotdash session id – Used to identify all activity within a session||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|Dotdash||ds_ab||AB Testing segmentation information||Session|
|Google (GTM/GA)||_dc_gtm_<property-id>||Used to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 Minute|
|SailThru||sailthru_pageviews||Page view count by user on site||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|SailThru||sailthru_content||Tracks recent pageviews for visitor||Persistent||1 Hour|
|SailThru||sailthru_visitor||Client Id||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Google DFP||__gads||Ad targeting||Persistent||2 Years|
|gsScrollPos-<num>||Scroll position tracking||Session|
|Bounce Exchange||bounceClientVisit<num>v||Client tracking information||Persistent||30 Minutes|
|AMP_TOKEN||Contains a token that can be used to retrieve a Client ID from AMP Client ID service. Other possible values indicate opt-out, inflight request or an error retrieving a Client ID from AMP Client ID service.||Persistent||1 Hour|
|Quantcast||__qca||Collects anonymous data on the user’s visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded with the purpose of generating reports for optimising the website content.||Persistent||13 Months|
Updated October 28, 2018
- Medical Advice Disclaimer
- Nature’s Own Doctor Intellectual Property
- Reliance on Information on Site
- Prohibited Uses of the Site
- Content That You Make Available on the Site
- Your Indemnification of Us
- Warranty Disclaimer
- Liability Disclaimer
- Third Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- DMCA Policy
- Patent Info
- How to Contact Us
- “Site” or “Nature’s Own Doctor” shall include any information or services made available by Nature’s Own Doctor, regardless of the medium, and shall include, without limitation any affiliated websites, mobile applications, videos, products and applications we make available. We reserve the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify, suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the Site, or any part of the Site, with or without notice.
- The Site is not intended for users under 16 years of age. If you are under 16, do not use the Site and do not provide us with any personal information.
- We make no claims that the Site or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Medical Advice Disclaimer
The content of this Site is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or a qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your own medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Nature’s Own Doctor recommends and endorses only those specific tests, physician certified by the ABMMP, products for sale on their sites, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site, with the appropriate disclaimer(s). Reliance on any information provided by Nature’s Own Doctor, or its employees, agents, or other contributors appearing on the Site at the invitation of Nature’s Own Doctor, or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
- Nature’s Own Doctor Intellectual Property
Your Limited License to our Intellectual Property
Nature’s Own Doctor Trademarks and Logos
The terms Nature’s Own Doctor, NaturesOwnDoctor.com and other Nature’s Own Doctor trademarks and services marks, and associated logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of NOD, LLC., Nature’s Own Doctor, NaturesOwnDoctor,com, or Sonic Seven Communications, Inc. or NOD, LLC’s affiliates or licensors. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of NOD, LLC. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Site are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Reliance on Information on Site
We have no obligation to, and you should not expect us to, review content on our Site, including User Contributions (defined below) or contributions by our independent contributors.
About our Contributors
NaturesOwnDoctor.com seeks out content providers in particular subject matters as independent contractor contributors to the Site. NaturesOwnDoctor.com does not represent or guarantee that any contributor has achieved any particular level of expertise or knowledge or has any specific qualifications or credentials, without limitation, as to the subject matter to which their contributions relate. To the extent we refer to each of these contributors as an expert, you must understand we rely on the information they provide us and we are not obligated to independently verify or attempt to confirm any information they provide, nor their qualifications or credentials. NaturesOwnDoctor.com also is not obligated to monitor or independently research or verify any content they contribute. Contributors, even if characterized as expert, are not employees of Nature’s Own Doctor or its affiliates and NaturesOwnDoctor.com cannot and does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness or truthfulness of the qualifications or credentials of any contributor, nor of any other users of the Site.
Please do not rely on Site content, including User Contributions and content from our independent contractor contributors. Content is provided for general information purposes only and can never take into account your unique, personal circumstances and needs. You acknowledge and agree that any reliance or actions you take in violation of your agreement with us shall be at your sole and exclusive risk and Nature’s Own Doctor, NaturesOwnDoctor.com, NOD, LLC., Sonic Seven Communications, Inc. or affiliates of the aforementioned entities shall have no responsibility or liability to you whatsoever. You also acknowledge and agree that communications on or through the Site, whether with content providers or other users, are at your own risk and are not covered by any privilege or confidentiality obligation that might apply if you were to obtain your own professional advice (e.g., doctor-patient).
- Prohibited Uses of the Site
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Nature’s Own Doctor, a Nature’s Own Doctor employee, a medical doctor, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Nature’s Own Doctor or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Scrape” or disaggregate data from the Site (whether by manual or automated means) for any commercial, marketing, or data compiling or enhancing purpose.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- Content That You Make Available on the Site
The Site may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Site.
If you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address) on the Site, such as on a forum, chat room or on any other user or member-generated pages, that information can be viewed in search engines, collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited contact from other parties. We advise that you not post any personal or other sensitive information on our Site.
Any User Contribution you post to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Site, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Site.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information related to anyone posting any materials on or through the Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER THE COMPANY/SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we cannot and do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Promote commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if that is not the case.
- Your Indemnification of Us
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
- LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER, NATURE’S OWN DOCTOR OR ABOUT, INC. NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES OR LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST NATURE’S OWN DOCTOR, ABOUT, INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND LICENSORS (INCLUDING OUR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR CONTRIBUTORS) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
- Third Party Links, Advertisements, Websites and Content
We do not review or monitor any websites, advertisements, or other media linked to or available through the Site and are not responsible for the content of any such third party advertisements or linked websites. Prior to purchasing any third party products or services described on the Site, you are advised to verify pricing, product quality and other information necessary to make an informed purchase. Neither NOD, LLC. nor any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensors shall have any liability arising from your purchases of third party products or services based upon the information provided on the Site, and we shall not receive or review complaints regarding such purchases.
- Waiver and Severability
- Entire Agreement
- Copyright Infringement Policy
You may not post, upload, or otherwise place any content or information on the Site that belongs to a third party, unless you have the legal right to do so. If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on our Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our designated copyright agent either by mail to Copyright Agent (Legal), Sonic Seven Communications, Inc. at 2424 Tower Avenue, Burlington CO 80807 or in an email to Support@NaturesOwnDoctor.com with COPYRIGHT in the subject line. This contact information is only for suspected copyright infringement. Please include the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Site, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material, such as the precise URL (web page) that it appeared on, along with any copies you have of that web page.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the written notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees).
It is the policy of Nature’s Own Doctor to disable the accounts of users at our own discretion.
- How to Contact Us
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to: support@Nature’s Own Doctor.com.
Thank you for visiting Nature’s Own Doctor.
These advertising guidelines (“Guidelines”) set forth standards that govern the placement of advertisements and sponsored content (collectively “Ads”) by any advertiser, agency or technology provider that About, Inc. partners with (collectively, “Advertisers”). Advertisers must adhere to these Guidelines when placing Ads, including Ads purchased under the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions, on websites managed by Sonic Seven Communications, Inc., (SONIC) including NaturesOwnDoctor.com, and other related sites.
These Guidelines are intended to provide general parameters for Advertisers in connection with Ad creative and content served on Nature’s Own Doctor. They are not exhaustive and do not address every situation or issue that may arise in the course of business, particularly given the rate of change within the media and advertising industry. Accordingly, these Guidelines are subject to change from time to time in SONIC’S sole discretion.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations, including FTC guidelines regarding advertising, native advertising disclosure, privacy, and data security. All Ad’s must be fair, truthful, and clearly distinguishable from editorial content. Advertisers are responsible for ensuring all Ads and related claims are adequately substantiated. Further, Advertisers must adhere to SONIC’S Prohibited Content Guidelines and Additional Standards for Advertisers, which are incorporated into these Guidelines and set forth below.
Ads served through networks or exchanges are reviewed on a regular basis and, in addition to any other remedies SONIC may have, SONIC reserves the right to remove, without notice, any Ads that do not meet these Guidelines, regardless of whether the Ad was previously accepted by SONIC.
Ads may not contain or promote the following:
- Drugs/Alcohol/Tobacco.Ads may not promote illegal drugs, illegal substances abuse of prescription drugs, use of Alcohol (except for beer and wine), or tobacco products, or any related paraphernalia thereto. Lawful products and services which promote quitting tobacco related products are
- Weapons/Violence.Ads may not promote the use, distribution, or making of firearms, ammunition, explosives, pyrotechnics or other weapons. Ads may not promote violence, cruelty, or physical or emotional harm to any person or animal.
- Illegal Activities/Gambling.Ads may not promote any illegal or other questionable activities which may be illegal in one or more jurisdictions, including without limitation hacking, counterfeiting, or other activities that may violate the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or contractual rights of others. Ads may not contain or promote content related to scams, financial schemes, pyramid schemes or other fraudulent or illegal financial or investment opportunities. Ads may not promote casinos, gambling, betting, numbers games, sports or financial betting. Ads promoting state lotteries are
- Hate/Intolerance/Discrimination.Ads may not contain or promote hate speech, personal attacks, or discrimination toward any individual, group, country or organization.
- Obscenity/Indecency/Profanity.Ads may not contain or promote any obscene, indecent, profane or offensive words, images, sounds, videos or other content.
- Political/Religious.Ads may not contain hostile, offensive, inflammatory or hateful speech related to political or religious topics or groups. Ads may not exploit controversial political, social, or religious issues for commercial purposes.
- Sexual or Adult Content.Ads may not include full or partial nudity, depictions of people in explicit positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads will not contain text or images exposing anyone or anything involved in explicit sexual acts or lewd and lascivious behavior. Ads may not promote escort, dating, erotic message, pornography, or other sexual products or services.
- Disparagement/Defamation.Ads may not contain disparaging or defamatory information or content which tends to harm the reputation of About or any other individual, group, or organization.
- Gross Depictions.Ads may not contain or promote content that is crude, vulgar, degrading or likely to shock or disgust.
- Militant/Extremism.Ads may not contain or promote extremely aggressive and combative behaviors or unlawful political measures, including individuals or groups advocating violence as a means to achieve their goals.
- Sensitive Content.Ads may not target sensitive categories such as financial status, medical conditions, mental health, criminal record, political affiliation, age, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sexual behavior or orientation, or trade union membership.
- Free Goods/Services.Ads may not distribute or promise to distribute any free goods and services.
- Targeted at Children.Ads may not specifically target children, including through cartoons or other similar content.
- Unverifiable Claims.Ad’s may not make confusing claims that reasonable consumers cannot readily understand and evaluate
- Before/After Images.Ad may not depict “before and after” images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Health and Safety Claims.Ads may not promote actions likely to harm one’s health, such as bulimia, anorexia, binge drinking, or drug use. Ads may not make health claims that are not clearly substantiated. Advertisers may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate their products’ claims.
- Misleading/False/Deceptive:Ads may not contain any information or content that is potentially misleading, false, or deceptive, including content which is meant to deceptively generate clicks such as fake “close” buttons.
- Competitive to Nature’s Own Doctor/Affiliates.Ads may not promote direct competitors of Nature’s Own Doctor or any of its parent, affiliate, subsidiary or other related entity.
Advertisers and Ads must adhere to the following standards:
- Audio/Animation.Ads may not include overly disruptive audio or animation that plays automatically.
- Popups/Downloads.Ads may not include lead ads, floating layers, pop-ups, surveys, or any digital downloads.
- Malicious Software.Ads may not contain malicious code, including malware, spyware, trojan horses, bugs or viruses.
- Ads may not trap or trick a user into providing money or any account, personal or other sensitive information.
- Ads must contain clear boarders and be displayed so they are unmistakably not part of Nature’s Own Doctor’s site content.
- Ads must function uniformly on both Apple and PC formats, as well as all major Internet browsers.
- Ads may not appear to compromise or influence Nature’s Own Doctor’s editorial independence from Advertisers.
- Ads may not create or imply the existence of any endorsement by Nature’s Own Doctor of any product, service or organization.
- Landing Pages.Landing pages associated with Ads must correspond to the Ads call to action and not engage in “bait and switch”.
- Intellectual Property.Ads may not use any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade- secrets, patents or other proprietary rights of About or Nature’s Own Doctor, or any third party, without prior written authorization. Advertisers may not alter or interfere with the readability or display of any About or Nature’s Own Doctor trademarks, logos or designs.
- Data Collection.Ads may not include open-box forms to register users or collect personally identifiable information. Ads may not collect and sell mailing lists without the users’ express permission. Advertisers may not collect any personally identifiable information from Nature’s Own Doctor users or place any cookies, applets or other similar files — if those files transmit any personally identifiable information to Advertisers — on desktop computers or mobile devices of Nature’s Own Doctor users. Advertisers must handle data with appropriate care, not misuse any data which they are permitted to collect, nor collect any data for unclear purposes or without appropriate security measures.